Thursday, October 15, 2015

Be A Sponge

Today we all found out in small groups what sorts of things we were inspired by this week, but a lot were sources of inspiration in general.

I was happy to see people talking about people who weren't graphic designers, but just generally wonderfully inspiring such as David Attenborough. Designers make their inspiration in to something visual, and bringing all this together is what makes everyones work so different and personal. Also, designing about another interest you have can be incredibly satisfying opposed to a set brief. Any of these I could find on Instagram I followed, and I am interested to get in to watching TED Talks and hearing Desert Island.

We were told to note 10 things that inspired our fellow graphic's students:

TED Talks- A website with a range of in depth talks on many engaging subjects

Jessica Walsh- An instagram blogger with a very colourful, organised textile pattern aesthetic

Gone Girl - A book recently adapted in to a movie, apparently you can't take your eyes off the screen. My group told me about this after I explained I really want to get in to a book that is more of a headfuck than something about romance.

Rob Ryan- I didn't realise as I didn't catch his name, but this is who had done the beautifully delicate laser cut/cutout arts I got a lot of imagery of, as the thoughts and themes behind them were beautiful and some of the writing touched my heart.

Desert Island on BBC Radio 4- Penny told us this was awesome, and as it relates to music I want to listen to ones of people i'm interested in, on what music they'd take with them on a desert island.

One Minute Brief- Quite interesting and great as it isn't too time consuming and it just gets ideas rolling. Great for Twitter users which I sometimes have a gander on so I will follow this.

'Tongue Tied' starring Miley Cyrus- By Quentin Jones the photographer, a very dynamic and contemporary display using the human body in an artsy way with Miley who I think is actually a rather great role model to her target audience as this shows, as near nudity isn't an issue when done in a creative way.

Design Milk- Interior design blog, very modern elements. Can be good to group ideas that work well together in composition.

New M&S Advert- As i've not even watched TV since I've been here and hear this is even better than the old ones and has an 80's touch to it I am excited to see it. Especially this time of year when everything becomes rather festive and exciting I imagine it is very well thought out. I could not find it as I was blogging this!

Noel Fielding- The group never got to elaborate on this, but as a fan of Noel's bold crazy painting style and the Mighty Boosh, I can see why he is a fun influence on all of us and continues to be even after the dwindle of his TV career.


No comments:

Post a Comment