Friday, November 11, 2016

Upcoming events of interest

Picking events of relevance in year 2 is crucial in understanding my aesthetic and approach to displaying my work and the target audiences, and how to put work out there successfully. Events of interest that I will be attending this year include...

Tetley's Third Birthday

WEDNESDAY 30 NOVEMBER, FROM 6PM
Opportunity to meet other creatives and network as the tetley is one of the most popular hubs of exhibtions and creative events
Closer still- otley road
2nd-3rd december
fine art/photography combined exhibition, my two personal favourite art practices

AGE OF THE ZEAL- THE FENTON 

THURSDAY 10TH NOVEMBER 8PM
FINE ART STUDENT CURATED IN COLLABORATION WITH DRAG ARTISTS AND FELLOW FINE ART STUDENTS
VISUAL COMMUNICATION/EVENT MANAGEMENT

FILM POSTERS EXHIBIT- THE NORTH BAR
19th to the 29th november
poster design is one of my favourite aspects of graphic design, designing for covers or events as many medias can be combined to make memorable bold imagery. i collect flyers i find inspiring artistically, regardless if i like the event or not as it inspires my practice on this graphic design course

HIP HOP ART EXHIBITON, symons house
'An evening presentation of art inspired by the culture of Hip Hop from a selection of local and national artists including Trik9, King Monk and Agent M.'

The evening is free and will feature an opportunity to meet the artists and discuss their work. 

Unfortunately this event clashed with Age of the Zeal which was unfortunate as I want to explore hip hop art in more depth and the opportunity to speak to the artists would have been more out my comfort zone and very informative. In future I will try and go to both if they are both of interest and beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment