Saturday, February 10, 2018

27 Club Exhibition Submission






Originally intended for an extended practice brief, as I really love designing for anything music related I decided to do this as a fun side project to submit. I began painting Jimi Hendrix (my favourite of all the 27 club) but then considered conversations being had more and more as I edge towards the end of my degree...I want to create work that is tailored to my portfolios goals. Instead of painting Jimi, I did a quick type piece celebrating my all time favourite Hendrix song 'Little Wing'. The waves represent the psychedelic nature of the 60's and the style of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, while honouring the lyrics in the song 'riding with the wind'.

As the backdrop I used a pattern of one of Jimi's fabulous wavey prints he was known for. The photo filter on this makes it appropriately vintage and keeps the type from being too brash. I am submitting the following as options.

I am trying to experiment more with typography as it hasn't been one of my focuses throughout the degree but is important for applying to design studio jobs. Although my portfolio is versatile it really needs more typography/digital design/packaging etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment