Thursday, February 8, 2018

International Women's Day 2018 Call Out briefs submissions




An exhibition like this one is one i'd naturally love to be part of as it links to our university and the theme of woman relates to my own illustration I do on the side of uni. Any call outs I receive if I can work towards in some way, I want to seize every opportunity. Exhibitions are especially important as they reach out to a new audience and you never know who may be part of that audience.

As the theme is woman and the power of the piece I had exhibited at Wharf Chambers with Girl Gang Leeds is all about a female embracing her feminity and power as a woman, I decided to put this forward.


This was developed for the exhibition from my own personal drawings to cater to the 'reclaiming pink theme', so as well as submitting this I decided to put forward drawings only shared on Instagram, with the theme of woman and power being within them.




These have all been suggested over in the email, and I have added that I will change and develop these specifically for the exhibit depending on if they pick one they see as most appropriate or they enjoy for the theme.

This screenprint was for my final COP practical as one of the protest posters I screenprinted in ode to See Red Women's Workshop's style of protest posters. This could be chosen to curate a more varied exhibition exploring different woman's issues etc. The brief is rather vague so I wanted to send over a few illustrations I enjoy doing on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment