Thursday, November 12, 2015

10 Years Time Presentation

Despite the stress of presenting today was actually really engaging and a unique insight in to the designers of the future sat around me. Mentally I don't feel nervous but it is just my bodies reaction, which may get better in the future I hope but ah well.

Everyone was very ambitious and although many like myself wanted to be creative directors (its a good aim, and how are we supposed to know?) all the presentations were unique to each person and you got a sense of their style and what their interests were in. For example, I didn't think some people would like certain bands or were in to fashion magazines as much as they talked about, which is really cool. It is also so reassuring that not everyone is 100% aiming to be a graphic design first and foremost, many people want to explore other avenues of design in different sectors of the industry such as myself.

I am extremely interested in working with people revolutionising the fashion world, such people would be people associated with Dazed and Confused magazine. Also, something so exciting and a dream almost would be working with performers and musicians which can be a goal in the next 10 years. Working on their stage, album artwork, styling, art direction for the whole aesthetic. I am so interested in this as musicians come along with a design era typically, the biggest stars from people like David Bowie and Jimi Hendrix to Lady Gaga and Bjork, the whole aesthetics are what makes them unforgettable and I would love to be a part of that. Graphic Design sets the structure for all these options to be possibilities.

Presentations that stood out to me were very visual ones with enticing typography, interesting collages of image that your eyes flow through, and the humorous ones that gets rid of that awkward edge people may have watching or presenting.

As I said in my presentation, which i'm glad to bring forward to my peers, is that I am not really a minimalist person instinctively for personal projects, so personally I find very blank/non visual presentations with no colour whatsoever quite boring, but that is just preference. It was lovely seeing that there were others who loved using colour just as much as I do, just so i don't feel too different and that I won't do well if I'm not minimalist. We need people to do their own thing and be really passionate about it to progress ourselves as designers and get passionate about our interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment