Thursday, May 10, 2018

Interview with Craft Agency




I applied for the position sent through LAU's Opportunities emails for an entry job as Account Executive, which actually sounds very fun and would allow me to expand and realise possible potential in marketing. As long as I am working with a creative team I would be happy!

My interview was with Craft's owner in the Tetley Cafe. I had gone over the role in my careers one to one the previous day and revised a pack of the job description.

Notes I made were relatable to my experience and as it isn't primarily design, I focused on speaking about my people/research/presentation skills. They quizzed me on if I would be comfortable not taking a design focused role, but more research and communications, which I agreed would be exciting and allowing me to gain other skills which will be useful in the future! Communication with clients is key in graphic design, learnt especially this last year, so it all ties in. I will find out next week if I have been shortlisted.

The experience made me feel at ease as they assured it was just a chat and we were in a cafe environment- I feel I made a good impression having my notes written down and jotting his recommendations for my CV down too. I focused on areas revised in an account executive role and asked questions at the end! Great to have interview experience as this is the first creative role I have been interviewed for in person.

It shows that applying for roles from an early stage is beneficial for keeping the ball rolling and getting ahead! Getting my name out there and keeping in contact with these people on LinkedIn has been massively useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment