Sunday, May 7, 2017

Posters

These posters tie in my own practice and showcase my inspiration and interest in the artists creative sectors, working in similar styles they themselves work in and discuss within the interviews.  Sending these to the artists will mean my work can be put out there and hopefully put up in their work space as a tribute and thank you to them for being so kind to let me interview them, as well as celebrating the interview designing them all in different styles unique to the artist. The typefaces, colours and background choices were all based off their work and this has allowed me to take completely different pieces of my work brought together as a trio of posters.

Creating posters opposed to online publications or otherwise allows me to send them a physical copy sharing my joy for collecting art posters, and I know they all sell prints and posters so this works in line with their practice also. They are all very different artists but creating these have brought them together whilst also collectively celebrating a style unique to them. Main points I have taken from the interviews are highlighted either in different typefaces or in bold to make the text more interesting to read whilst also pointing out key points. I was so lucky to get 3 amazing interviews with so much different advice, whilst also being in good discussion sharing my work and showing support.

These posters which will be sent out to the artists allowed me to bring together a variety of projects and give them a new meaning and purpose also, as none of them had much success in their initial purpose. To not be disheartened and keep trying and believing in my work is becoming a necessity and part of who I am as a designer.





No comments:

Post a Comment