Monday, March 14, 2016

Br:eak and The Brunswick exhibitions

Although very useful to go and visit, which I need to start doing again, these exhibitions weren't what I was expecting.







 Although a very interesting location in an old warehouse kind of place, due to it being so big, the small amount of attendees was evermore obvious and the main bar room I feel could have been used to much better to display work rather than having them in the other room and just having a tiny vintage stall in the space (sorry I lost the photos). I think it is a weekly/monthly chance for students or upcoming professionals to showcase their work which is so reassuring and great to know, that there is that opportunity out there.





Although I really loved the work and thought it was a fantastic way to promote their artistry and to sell zines/stickers/posters etc, the small layout made it so hard to navigate and it got full very quickly making people feel awkward just looking and not buying (perhaps a tactic eh) I especially loved the illustrations in that last photo. I am such a fan of pun humour in art...

No comments:

Post a Comment