Monday, March 14, 2016

Punny Packaging

A method you'd perhaps call it, of relatable funny and praised design is to use puns as the names or art direction for packaging or branding.

I have always seen these and been like, ahaaa clever! But until graphic design became part of my life at University, I didn't praise it as deeply as I do now as an inspiration. Having done a project similar in my graphics class at college, I realised very quickly this can be a brilliant way to come up with ideas if stuck on names! Down to earth, quirky, memorable and fun. My kind of design inspo!

Ben and Jerrys


Delicious design and fun packaging that has the famous brand and layout consistent, but having light hearted illustrative colour popping worlds related to the flavours in the ground of the titles.

Soap and Glory

I feel like the people who design these are ones I would love to work with. Very girly, retro inspired clever plays on sayings, I think the packaging and advertisements are outstanding and I enjoy having the products laying around my flat because they look that good and are very me! From seeing my self branding this is easy to see, and shows girly can be successful and appreciated by all when done right.





No comments:

Post a Comment