Wednesday, February 8, 2017

#35mm Exhibition at Old Red Bus Station


An exhibition lead by fellow graphic design student displayed his 35mm photography which I follow on Instagram, as I am really in to 35mm aswell and we both enjoy capturing the people around us as we are at university in Leeds. His work is very portraiture focused and displays current style trends in brilliant compositions and crisp but grainy detail. It was also interesting to see his shots of buildings and similar structures from all sorts of angles which were all composed very well.

        



Was a great turn out with a lot of support from fellow classmates, even one DJ'ing at the venue which was very convinient for the exhibition as it is a popular venue, with draws in audiences of our age group for music events and drinks.  Supporting fellow creatives is very important to me.







unfortunately in red due to lighting but the shots look so professional and it is inspiring to see someone in the same position as me in education being brave enough to do an exhibtion in a local popular venue, with really refined professional shots with none looking amateur or out of place. Also this inspired me to improve on my photographing as my camera is fairly old and the flash doesn't capture night very well (which is unfortunate as that is my favourite time to shoot), and being a fan of expired film its exciting but unpredictable knowing what rolls of film come out like. 

I really enjoyed the funny, generation-y captions and shots of people especially, I find capturing peoples styles at the time is one of my most interesting and valuable shots you can get as I believe people are all unique and have their own quirks and characteristics that is kept by taking a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment