Monday, February 6, 2017

Interview prep/lecture and artists to contact

Now with a tonne of screenshots of artists on Instagram I follow religiously and adore the artworks of, I reach that brick wall in my mind, what do I ask them?!

I am very indecisive and unsure of what career path I want to go in, knowing my style progressively each week and knowing I don't want to start my own studio due to fear of too much responsibility, it doesn't help with knowing what to ask these amazing artists.

These are notes from the very helpful lecture on interviewing.


It was recommended by a friend and interviewer for Diss. magazine that I check out previous interviews with the artists (if any) or fellow artist to see what questions prompt the best, detailed responses. My main aim is to not bore them and myself to death, which is what I never want to do now or in my future career as life is too short!!

Beforehand, I have looked in to existing interviews with the artists to avoid repeat dull questions or prompt them to expand on a certain question to gain what I wish to know.

Also important to..
-research their history as an artist
-look at present/upcoming projects to ask about
-recommendations

As well as nervously wandering what to send Studio Moross to initiate an interview, I have also DM'd or emailed these artists who are favourites liked and seen every day on my main form of discovering new artists and being inspired, Instagram.

harleyanj 

majored in Vis Com in Graphic designArt Nouveau/60s/70s inspired design work




melstringer

illustrator and visual artistvery cutesy, feminine illustrations featured artworks and advice in my zine last year in which I featured my favourite female artists of instagram


tone_rsd

street artist who I have wanted to find so nearly a year after spotting his designs in various streets of Leeds! the striking comic style and pinup inspiration is something that I think is timeless and always looking so visually striking



pollynor

Illustrator who's 'women and their devils' style theme makes her work more unusual and personal which I am drawn to by the harsh thick lined patterned illustration with zaps of colour 



supermundane

amazing versatile designer Rob Lowe's work stands out due to his works bold colour combinations and strong shape work which give a fearless and vivid uplifting presence which I aim to achieve with my design style


robin eisenberg
artist and designer who loves illustration, I admire that she has followed what she loves creating and it has been so successful, her design aesthetic resonates with gen-y women



emma fisher
People of Print favourite whos bright gradient screen prints really caught my attention and I am inspired by her themes of shape and gradients



Mike Perry




Hattie Stewart
with such distinctive recognisable illustration and pattern work, I want to know more about her inspirations for these great pieces of high energy design work done mostly over magazine cover models




No comments:

Post a Comment