Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Amsterdam photographs

Shooting pictures with a disposable camera for our first brief of the year with my focus being on Neon signage in Manchester city centre, I enjoyed so much capturing views that always catch my eye and seeing the outcomes made me proud.

From this I started to adore the idea of building collections of photographs of what catches my eye when wandering around as I feel I have an eye for the unusual. It is a gamble using film as you cannot look at what you have snapped and retake which is an exciting one chance element making the photographs more authentic in my opinion. Therefore, I bought an old Olympus and began to capture what caught my eye and also images at social events as the nostalgia will be so valuable in the future of these precious times growing up. From that first project I have been given such an important inspiration and hobby which I will be grateful for in years to come as well as now!

Perhaps next year I will collate zines of certain photographs put together to make a collection as I think my photography can be a bit different.

I was lucky to get the opportunity to visit Amsterdam recently and on expired film, I got to snap some wonderful sights. My favourite parts were quirky shop windows and guerilla stickers and street art in the centres streets. I wish to visit places as well rated for creatives such as Barcelona and Berlin to explore and see the cities underground art and get the opportunity to collect important memories beyond digital storage.








                        








No comments:

Post a Comment