Monday, February 6, 2017

Studio Moross new Parklife Visuals




Yet again, Studio Moross has propelled Parklife festival in to something beyond a music festival with the advertising of it. Another amazing other wordly design galaxy walk through of the acts performing all placed so inventively every step of the way with a juicy 80s colour scheme.

Following from last years theme which became a main design inspiration for me, this is another very cool, hand drawn colour burst of so much detail going in to every frame you cannot take your eyes away from the ad. Having a different theme to work with each time would make me anticipate the project so much more: having a certain theme to follow always helps me as a designer and is why graphic design is enjoyable to me, as I like having a guide to follow, this allows the ideas to pop up. The 80's theme for this year didnt even need to be relevant to the main acts, as it becomes a visual adventure so engaging you forget!

I feel it fits the core audience so well and engages with the accompanying music and cool urban lit up city demeanor, making people feel like theyll be going to the coolest place on earth (when in reality it is a vast muddy field near to my house). This is one of the best inspirations and examples of how design can transform a brand and the vision the audience gets when being drawn in to another world due to design. Parklife did the right thing choosing a more arty route for their branding as Studio Moross have created something truly unique and I hope they continue to do this each year as i'll literally be excited for it to come out each time!

Kate Moross is one of my heroes anyway, for her similar admiration of colour popping design which strikes the eye apart from the dull and boring. Although I am not as in to drawing the symbols she is famous for, the hand drawn type and visuals are guranteed to create something so bespoke and special and it makes me excited to get in to briefs where I get a chance to illustrate as it looks like no other. Studio Moross are amazing, and although I feel i'd get no response as they are one of the highest demand design studios right now, I might send them a letter asking for an interview for our PPP interviews.


http://www.itsnicethat.com/news/studio-moross-park-life-2017-identity-030217

No comments:

Post a Comment