Saturday, February 4, 2017

Inspiring artworks ongoing list


Harley and J
This amazing retro styled duo create wavey, thick colour popping designs with vintage grain and classic 60's/70's influences. I find them really unique and I love their use of wavey shapes as that is what i tend to incorporate in to my illustrations a lot.






Laura Callaghan

Female based, bright quirky illustrations that involve lined spacious shapes and the little details with really decorative design inputs creating her own little world. Fits my feminine style very well, and she is a big inspiration for her style.





Mike Perry
Two different approaches of ambiguous but fun shapes allowing the user to colour freely with no restrictions for the line drawings mini responsive brief for Papyrus. Second, a more complex design, which i would be inspired by but not create as I feel there are a few too many small parts to fill in which would not soothe my mood.






Polly Nor
Politically motivated/mental health feeling illustration that nudges us with eye catching skilled drawing but with an important message. If something similar was done ethically and sustainably considered something like this could be an outcome of studio brief 2


Studio Moross

Inspiration for more of a typographic zing that I'd enjoy working with more, one of my favourite studio's for their sheer fun injecting visuals that would make me want to consider buying or going to anything, their design work is instantly recognizable. Having a studio style that bespoke and eye catching is what I completely aim for within my portfolio in the future.
The first image reminds me of Mike Perry's 'Handjob' which I am going to have a proper look at for inspiration as I really want to create imaginitive themed hand drawn typefaces as finding the right type online can be annoying at times.

The second image really reminds me of my Thirsty Planet campaign ideas! Although I have the colour scheme of the country flags and have painted for the campaign, hand drawing the palm leaves or waves similar to this could be worth trying out for a truly distinctive look which adds a more solid structure.







No comments:

Post a Comment