Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Getting involved in local projects



This is a brilliant opportunity to get work out there to people beyond the university walls, local people of all ages who could really like someones work in the zine and this is an opportunity to gain more followers and boost my confidence enough to push my business instagram more if I feel people really enjoy my work. It also supports the amazing work Studio 12 are doing in giving those who have struggled in essential areas of life to get to uni but have that creative fire, which is what is needed at the end of the day.

Noticed this in our LCA corridor and it is perfect!! My art is very feminine and I have leftover work, for example from the line drawing responsive brief and photography which is a personal hobby of mine which I love very much. I aim to contact them and meet the girls involved as I want to see more of the creative talents in our university which has so much potential. I hope through this to exhibit designs and meet like minded and styled creatives which would make me so happy! Just having work exhibited would be such a boost for me, and to submit something fully my style. Also it is important to support and keep the exhibitions going!

Papyrus charity brief- I am so pleased we got given the opportunity to submit a line drawing in aid of young adults mental health which is a cause I would really want to get involved in enterprise wise. I am excited to submit my line drawing as it features a national treasure who cant be hated, and a tonne of animals to fill in and hopefully it can help these young adults escape their thoughts for an amount of time. I would be so so proud if I was chosen. Such a brilliant cause. This brief has also inspired me to work towards enterprising more especially in the mental health sector as I want to spread positivity and respite with my design work.

I have also taken it upon myself to try and apply for jobs at bars and cafes that hold exhibitions, or that are places creatives tend to be around a lot for the chance to network and work at the same time which is very exciting! I realise how thriving Leeds is and feel I am cornered out of where it is all happening sometimes. I want to be in the middle of it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment