Sunday, February 7, 2016

Aims for Self Branding

Key elements that would represent me
-Organised chaos, quite free/imperfect fine art ways of working fitted in with my good time management. Perhaps strong strict grid composition to balance the more daring designs that go with it to demonstrate my professional practice and show the key design skills I have learnt.
-Pink, as it is my favourite colour and a lot of my work is very feminine. Pink worked well for the Mendl's boxes in Grand Budapest, so although mine may put certain people off they aren't the designers I'd be reaching out to who can't be open minded. The intention of my self branding is to reach to expressive fun, open minded creatives i'd like to be in a collective or collaborate with.
-A logo. My brand is overpowering so brought together in a shape could make it more organized and even more distinctive. I would love to do a mermaid shell as I adore that style but does not strike as relevant to my theme of cake?
-Manifesto needs to be made. Either put on a 'party' invitation inserted in to my delivery box or on to the inner flap when box is opened. Making an invite would be very interesting to make and stock can become very interesting and personal to work with.
-Include experiments of favourite ways to design, however this would clash with my secret 7 outcomes as I am using a lot of my favourite techniques for this and I don't want my project to look too similar. This is an opportunity to solely focus on my personality brought out by typography and design techniques digitally.
-Research cakes I'd replicate in their vibe of giving a message, many on tumblr.
-Experiment folding the actual box layout now I have chosen to have stock which is 350gsm but find a more appropriate colour when designs are finished, as the pinks I got as samples weren't spot on.
-Gather the images of collectives I aspire to have experiences like to put on bottom layer, or perhaps the whole collage within the box when opened? Shows as likes of mine they may compare with or just give off the vibe of the collective/environment/subjects I want to work in.

My ideas and notes developed during feedback sessions asking peers what they related to me 



From my first discussions and notes on ideas I could go forward with, this is when I was keen on the pizza idea



Moving on to the cake box/more party based branding ideas


No comments:

Post a Comment