Thursday, February 11, 2016

Self Branding Identity adjustments

For a while, I have been pondering the idea of the box for my self branding. What began initially as a really exciting pizza delivery box idea soon became problematic with the practicalities and everyone I spoke to would be disappointed if I did not include an actual pizza. The idea then ran to a cake which would be more practical in the sense if delivered to various people in many locations, it would not go off as quick.

I felt I began to lose the fun idea I had at the beginning, being thought up in relation to the excitement of a pizza coming and my love for pizza. Everyone loves cake I know, but this was all becoming too much of a branding for a baker or pizzeria, which does not resonate with me at all!

As this is self branding, I wanted this to feel completely right and represent me and I adore food but I am not a whizz at making it. So here's the new thing- within the cake box I was going to now insert a party invite style insert with my manifesto to tie in with it being a party theme. I want to promote the positivity and excitement i'd have of working in a really cool collective creating non stop and having the excitement and passion for it, being happy! And hey; everybody (almost) loves to get a party invite and to party.

Instead of 'icing on the cake', 'the cherry on top' will be my new branding name that is further away from a bakery name. Cherry on top is used in many terms, being the thing that makes something, 'pretty please with a cherry on top'; the cherry on top, me genuinely wanting to work with these people and reaching out/admiring their profession (i would not include that tagline, but you know where i'm going with that.)

Previous work I have done will not be scrapped as it can now all tie in without food being the centre of the drama! My inspirations, aspects/pieces of me, colour and typography I feel sits with my personality. If anything, i'm actually now excited I've had this breakthrough and nothing is going to hold me back as it was doing before. I really want this invite to be very me through and through and printed on very special stock, something to keep and be proud of. Also professional photos will be extremely important and confetti/party poppers will probably be arranged around my final piece!

Reasons I realized this is the right idea
-Am referred to as an upbeat, enthusiastic warm person
-I do love a good party
-Want to attract those who are excited, positive and unconventional and expressive within their profession
-Party details in final piece photoshoot, sequins/glitter were associated with me suprisingly by a lot of my peers
-Is a fun way to get people involved and make them feel special, in future can be used where I throw parties/launches
-Still has the exciting prospect I'd wanted with my two previous ideas
-Will be enough information without being too overhwhelming/boring to read
-Can still use slice idea for parts of my personality?
-Party ring colour scheme? I love all the colours and it can tie in with my love for shapes
-Relate party details/glittery stock (if used) to cherry bomb, a firework type explosion, of IDEAS when we become a collective?
-Cherries are my favourite fruit
-Cherry knot detailing
-Can be an annual gesture
-'Cherry on top' of a fantastic idea that can be implemented if we worked as a collective team

No comments:

Post a Comment