Saturday, February 27, 2016

Logo sketches


Considered stems becoming 'H' and 'R' which looked more confusing than I want for a logo, and also details that represent a cherry bomb or radiating excitement, but is probably being overcomplicated. I liked the beginning of starting to move the stem to the side which makes it distinct from other cherry logos, and having the heart cherry knot.


Thinking about adding my initials between the heart, and wether or not to have detail in the back but I believe this would make it less ambigious and once digitalized this can be a very strong logo. It would be rounded like my brand, so this is how I began to visualize how it would fit.


3rd along the bottom is the closest to it being right! Feels distinctive and not overly detailed/complicated and can see it being applied on to various party products such as cocktail glasses/stamps/posters/stickers/etc

Sketched up on a coach ride I think this could be really solid logo that doesn't need the glitter and glitz of the party details, but would really be a strong stamp of my branding direction. The two cherries representing the joining of initiative, working together and having new fresh ideas. As cherry knots can look a little like a heart if I did this subtly, maybe very tiny at the top this resonates with the femininity in my designs and the positivity and good feeling I want to radiate when working with people.




Thicknesses look too imbalanced and feels empty so I decided, like in my more succesful sketches to fill in the cherries. Also, only having black with one other colour will make it easy to screenprint and make it a transferable logo.


Feel like initials make logo too busy and only trying typefaces used within my invite, Amandes Salees being my main for my brand and used here, don't have the same look on the logo although having the logo simple without initials, it is ambiguous but works with the rest of my designs.



Not overly complicated, quite solid distinctive logo of cherries representing the positivity and design that provokes thought and makes a change to peoples lives after the joining of two creatives collaborating being each cherry.


No comments:

Post a Comment