Monday, February 22, 2016

Invitation Firsts


Shadow is more cherry coloured and is a highlighting detail but I feel it isnt in balance and looks harsher than others


Way too pale


I feel this would just hurt peoples eyes


More bold in colour approach is balanced whilst still bright, and reiterates the cherry brand in comparison to the previous two colour schemes which look too washed out in comparison. Although, i may change my mind once I have made my logo and added illustrations or any details, although i'm undecided on this so far. My focus was to get my layout and wording right which ties in with the party theme while wanting them want to get in touch by being warm and complimentary, making them feel special.

Using bebas neues loud quality draws attention to the words and I want my invite to be paid attention to and be memorable in comparison to other letters or invitations they receive. However, I am going to experiment in lowercase typefaces for the chunk of smaller text. I was trying to keep the amount of typefaces to maximum of 3 as it can be too busy with more. For the main content I am working with sans serifs as this is not an overly formal invitation, more of a sincere but friendly reach out to those who inspire me who would most likely not be overly formal minded themselves but more fun and out the box types. Despite this I am very conscious to not use typefaces that don't relate to my style or manner in some way.


I attempted to use a typeface with the boldness of bebas neue but not as compact and cut, and found this typeface 'Cheese Pizza' which sounds fitting for me as a person, and although it is legible I feel there are too many typefaces so I will have to get feedback on this as I can't decide!


Landscape format which reiterates the fact I need detail for the composition to be harmonised








Rough example if I were to use glitter explosion detailing

No comments:

Post a Comment