Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Artwork/Images for Secret 7"

For OUGD406 Studio Brief 1, I have refound my passion for fine art techniques and how they can be suprisingly good with extending your ideas further once you scan them in to Photoshop. Layering and adjusting the colours, but having the textures and ink/paint details make the edits look very fine art based which can make pieces stand out.

This brief has been so fun to do compared to other in the past, as I find myself working on them just out of enjoyment which is important to me as it reminds me why I am on this course and that designing what you enjoy is one of the best hobbies you can have and one of the more productive!

Marbling is a technique I enjoyed in college so much due to its pretty unpredictability, which has been good to tie my designs together as a layer effect.

To my surprise, monoprint has been my favourite workshop so far. I was dreading it as in college we used foamboard and it never went very well, but how it was taught in our workshop and the results you get from just 4 colours is so fun I have been back a few times as I genuinely enjoy it. Looking forward to screenprinting, but so far this seems to be my favourite workshop technique.

Photography also plays an important role. My camera can be quite bad quality, but I have managed to get good enough imagery for this brief. In future I need to go and book the cameras from University but I've found I kept putting it off as when I have the idea, my own camera is with me. However, it is reassuring to know professional cameras can be borrowed.
A few examples of my primary imagery Ive used for Secret 7






































No comments:

Post a Comment