Saturday, March 18, 2017

An event-ful day in Leeds- Walkabout in Leeds study task

Punk exhibition at Village







Although I absolutely loved the focus of the exhibition and the pieces so gritty/striking/nostalgic reigniting my adoration for subculture design, the size of the exhibition space really let it down and I could barely move.  The punk theme was refreshing as it was more post modernist which I always find a bit more exciting than really clean minimal design.
If I were ever to have an exhibition it would definitely be in a bigger space as the small space really irritated me.

Gig Posters exhibition at Munro House








This was such an exciting exhibition as it was music and traditional print based with live screen print! This was decent to walk around and look at every piece with ease as the space was more spread out- each piece was unique and really interesting which for music pieces I do also. This spurred me on to take the risk of screenprinting again for OUGD505 as the results are so truly unique, I can't avoid this amazing method for the rest of my life seeing results like these.

Out of Order level 6 exhibition at Colours May Vary









Whilst being proud to be an LCA student and enjoying the variety of illustration styles on display, the free business cards got me! As I have discussed previously I am a collector/hoarder of great design when possible, so creating these business cards was a brilliant move by the group as they are all up on my wall and I got to get their names and follow them. Giving out freebies is very beneficial and will make you more memorable, which I will do in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment