Thursday, March 2, 2017

'Oslo' design agency talk: An introduction in to being a total colour nerd

Charismatic talker making little jokes which is my favourite way of presenting-which matches with the title which I love as I absolutely love using colour in my design! Type was a little too small which I struggled to read right at the back unfortunately.

'Woman in design'-how to make something on the screen the exact same colour in print emphasising it's importance for the industry for selling. Preaching the science of how we see colour which is important to consider in my own personal practice as my colours clash often. Especially for design on screen opposed to a printed publication, sections seen together in different colours can effect the colour we see temporarily.

Daimgirl hashtag for winning of a Daim bar was brilliant captivating the attention of the audience due to humour as well as 'boredom break', and is something I would DEFINETLY do as I enjoy puns as they bring joy and cleverness to a design or presentation.

Engaging the audience by asking questions is also a technique I favour as they feel part of the talk, which was done well in this presentation by offering prizes. It makes people listen and engage, even if they find the subject not particularly interesting.

her company do all creative works from branding to photography, which is brilliant as I feel you can't be too picky in graphic design, you need to be versatile which is part of the fun and challenge of it! You can surprise yourself and develop massively.

No comments:

Post a Comment