Sunday, March 5, 2017

Supporting artists


After the brilliant interview with Anthony from TONE RSD which I felt he was selfless and willing to help me out which I appreciated so much, he was on Kickstarter.com to raise money for an exhibit he is trying to save up for. The exhibition is using neon and perspex hand painted art of his own which reiterates why I chose to contact him- have similar style interests.

For a previous brief in second year I focused a publication entirely on neon signage, so to hear he is saving to make an exhibit using neon bars and possibly signage is really cool! Had to donate and email back wishing him look and expressing my interest to go when the exhibit is up, which I asked him to let me know after the interview!

Have found this brief very humbling, although not all artists respond at all or take a while to get back to you after agreeing to help, the fact they take time out of their busy schedules to help me out for my brief is amazing.

Echoing the 'Build' talk the previous week, when Nicki said it is crucial to respond to every client, and Buttercrumble expressing their dedication in getting involved in local projects and wanting to collaborate makes the future for me seem less daunting knowing there are so many lovely creatives I have a chance at possibly working with ,and want to be one of these amazing designers!

No comments:

Post a Comment